Saturday, February 27, 2010

Oh, compromise...

Got a haircut today.
Modeled after this:
Photobucket

When I walked in the door afterward, my mom said, "You look so much like Katie Holmes with that haircut."

Later we watched The Ice Storm and she said, "Nope. Holy shit. You do look just like Christina Ricci. I used to say, 'everything but the eyes,' but no, especially the eyes."

I get both frequently and maybe it's a little true and more obvious when I steal their haircuts and watch a movie which features them both...but it's still, "Hey, you look like them only not as pretty," right?
If either of them ever need an uglier little sister in a movie, I'm up for it.

On an unrelated note...I was thinking about will and how easily it can break or... grow stronger.
When it comes down to it, it's really a matter of what you want, sometimes even without understanding it.

There was a guy I used to talk to online when I was in high school. We met once when we were kids and hated each other, still for some reason (which would become clear in time) all those years later he insisted on talking to me.
Eventually we were talking almost everyday, but when he visited my home town it wasn't a pleasant experience and when he visited a second time, it was worse to the point of being disgusting. Both times he treated me like crap, but the second time he blatantly sexually harassed me and I'll spare you the details.

I hadn't talked to the guy in years, on purpose, and with good reason. I signed on to an old screen name when I couldn't sign on with my usual one and immediately received a message from him. I could've ignored him, but I didn't.
Soon it was evident that he hadn't changed at all. Still the same creepy motivations. And why was I talking to him?
I didn't know.

He asked if I'd talk to him again tomorrow and I said I would.
In fact, he made me promise.
Today, I blocked him on that screen name too and I have no intention of ever talking to him again. And even though it might be wrong or spiteful, I think I did the whole thing on purpose.
Even when we were just chatting, early on, when he said things that were off-putting, he was always the type to plead my forgiveness. Someone who couldn't stand to be hated.
I don't hate many people, but I do hate him, and I thought it fair that he should live with it after what he did to me.
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Funny, but it seems like the people you most want to talk to, the ones you obsess over, are always the ones who aren't there to talk to you...whether they're getting revenge on you or not.

I know who I wish was here to talk to me...and it sure isn't him.

14 comments:

  1. I like how she looked a few years ago, she's gotten way too skinny now imo. i'm sure that hair style looks very cute on you though ;)

    the Roman Stoic philospoher Seneca used to say "The will can not be taught". some people seem to have a will that is bullet-proof while others seem to have none at all.

    that guy sounds like a real turd! i'm not big on vengeance but blocking him was certainly a good idea. why waste time talking to a turd?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has...I should say we used to have similar facial structure, but I like food.
    She looked pretty healthy in Black Snake Moan though.

    My dad started laughing when he saw me and said "You look 10 years old. So cute." Not exactly what I was hoping for, as I look too young already.

    I guess I have the former.
    When I was two, I still sucked my thumb and my mom said, "You're too old for that now." I said, "Okay" and stopped.
    Quit biting my finger nails the same way.

    Unfortunately, I hold grudges, not big on forgiveness, but you're right, he is a turd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i liked her cuz she was not a typical rail thin hollywood starlet and actually had a body and some meat on her and now she just looks like all the rest :(

    considering the description you gave of your dad the other day his comment to you is not surprising. i think perhaps he is also a turd.

    keep that strong will! and to hell with turds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Scarlett Johansson may be the only one still eating.

    He meant it as a compliment, judging from the way he said it. Also, it was followed by, "That's a good thing. Hang onto that as long as you can."
    He's not a turd, he's more of a douchebag, but I love him anyway. It's just the way he is.
    I know when to ignore it and when to snap back and I'm the only one in my family who does and he respects me for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate Winslet also looks very healthy, healthy and beautiful. Ditto Salma Hyek

    ok, now that you expanded on that comment of your dad's i'll take back my 'turd' comment....for now ;)

    but it makes me think of Stan's sister Shelly on South park...always calling him a turd, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just watched Little Children again and I think Kate should keep her clothes on though.

    Salma Hayek...every time she comes on screen my mom shouts at me, "There's your girlfriend," haha.

    "Shut up TURDS!"
    "Are you looking at my head gear?"

    ReplyDelete
  7. i can honestly say i have never had such a thought.

    ha, well at least you have good taste!

    "Shelly bad, bachom bachooey-chom!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, yeah...it was kinda gross.

    You don't need good taste to like Salma, you just need...eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what was gross? i just meant i have never once had the thought that Kate Winslet should keep her clothes on, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found the flash of the sex scene during the book club meeting kinda gross.
    I wanted her to put her boob away.

    ReplyDelete
  11. again i honestly dont think that thought ever crossed my mind about ANY woman, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybe you haven't seen enough naked ladies, because some are gross, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. then again maybe i have but they've all been really hot, lol!

    ReplyDelete