Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The snow's comin' down. I'm watchin' it fall...

If you know anything about me at all, you probably me know that my greatest love in life is my love of film. What you might not know is that a close second is my love for music. Maybe it's sometimes on equal footing and depending on mood, it might even surpass film. Music has the power to alter my mood completely. To take me from utter despair to euphoria and vice versa.

There's a great blizzard out there today, a complete whiteout.
I had to venture out earlier (even though I didn't feel like it) to go to the drug store for my antibiotics and my prilosec. The roads were terrible and I was freezing. The world was so gray that when I returned home, I wasn't in the best mood. But then I remembered that I wanted to find out which artist had covered "We're Not Gonna Take It" by Twisted Sister on last night's Damages, because it was kinda different, but I loved it.
Turns out it was this band called Hellsongs who also does covers of AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Slayer, Metallica, and others. They cover these metal songs and make them acoustic and totally beautiful.

Then on the FX website where I found the first song, I found another great band who was featured in the episode, a band called Color of Clouds.
This after discovering yesterday that I love every song Pete Yorn ever recorded.

"You know what it's like in the beginnings, when getting a call from her...it makes your day? It's like...seeing a shooting star."

Discovering new music for me is just like falling in love.




2 comments:

  1. i'll stick to The Who's "Were not Gonna Take It" thank you very much ;)
    sucks about all that snow. so far we've gotten zilch this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm starting to really hate The Who.
    Everyone around me overplays them.

    ReplyDelete