Tuesday, February 9, 2010

You asked for it...



The Musketeers of Pig Alley (1912)
Traffic in Souls (1913)
The Pawnshop (1916)
The General (1927)
Sunrise (1928)
Steamboat Bill, Jr. (1928)


Scarface (1931)
King Kong (1933)
Tokyo no onna (Woman of Tokyo) (1933)
Modern Times (1936)
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)
Gone With the Wind (1939)
The Wizard of Oz (1939)
Dark Victory (1939)
Shadow of a Doubt (1943)
The Bicycle Thief (1948)



A Place in the Sun (1951)
Dial M for Murder (1954)
White Christmas (1954)
On the Waterfront (1954)
Rear Window (1954)
A Bout de Souffle (Breathless) (1959)
North by Northwest (1959)
Gidget (1959)



Splendor in the Grass (1961)
To Kill a Mockingbird (1962)
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964)
Lásky jedné plavovlásky (Loves of a Blonde) (1965)
Blow Up (1966)
Bonnie and Clyde (1967)



Badlands (1973)
Chinatown (1974)
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975)
Jaws (1975)
Carrie (1976)
Days of Heaven (1978)
The Deer Hunter(1979)
Apocalypse Now (1979)
The Amityville Horror (1979)



The Shining (1980)
Vacation (1983)
Red Dawn (1984)
Blood Simple (1984)
The Breakfast Club (1984)
Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986)
Lucas (1986)
Die Hard (1988)
Beetle Juice (1988)
Uncle Buck (1989)
Heathers (1989)
Sex, Lies, and Videotape (1989)
Field of Dreams (1989)

Okay...it's time for the 90s and up to present, so I'm going to leave out the year. I'm in my element now;)


"Beautiful Girls,"
American Beauty,"
"Donnie Darko,"
"Igby Goes Down,"
"Hackers,"
"Requiem for a Dream,"
"Freeway,"
"American Psycho,"
“The Professional”
"Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys,"
"Grand Canyon,"
"Gia,"
"Stardom,"
"Girl, Interrupted,"
"Higher Learning"
"The Ice Storm,"
"Meet Joe Black,"
"But I'm a Cheerleader,"
"Untamed Heart,"
"Playing Mona Lisa,"
"Cheaters,"
"The Believer,"
"White Oleander,"
"Benny and Joon,"
"Serendipity"
"Spun,"
"The General's Daughter,"
"Adventures in Babysitting,"
"Edward Scissorhands"
"The Virgin Suicides,"
"What's Eating Gilbert Grape,"
"Frailty,"
"Mars Attacks!"
"Laurel Canyon,"
"The Man Who Wasn't There,"
"Playing by Heart,"
"Trainspotting,"
"Murder by Numbers,"
"The Rules of Attraction,"
"The Talented Mr. Ripley,"
"The Other Sister,"
"Wild Things,"
"Empire Records,"
"Waking the Dead,"
"Where the Heart Is,"
"Ghost World,"
"Outside Providence,"
"The Gift," "Elephant,"
"Hard Candy,"
"Anywhere but Here,"
"Panic,"
"Sexy Beast,"
"Office Space,"
"Brokedown Palace,"
"Romy and Michele's Highschool Reunion,"
"Renaissance Man,"
"Uncle Buck,"
"What about Bob?"
"Fried Green Tomatoes"
"eXistenZ,"
"Moonlight and Valentino,"
"An American Rhapsody,"
"The Burbs,"
"The War,"
"Interview with the Vampire," "
A Simple Plan,"
"Bong Water,"
"Highway,"
Sleepers,"
"Hideaway,"
"A River Runs Through It,"
"Heavenly Creatures,"
"Thirteen,"
"Clueless,"
A Simple Twist of Fate," "
My Girl,"
"Legends of the Fall,"
"Overnight,"
"Great Expectations"
"Mortal Thoughts,"
"The Cure,"
"The Devil's Advocate,"
"Romeo is Bleeding,"
"Malice,"
"Dead Calm,"
"Lawn Dogs,
"Two Days in the Valley,"
"Onegin,"
"The Last Days of Disco,"
“Boyz n the Hood”


"My Summer of Love,"
"In the Bedroom,"
Naissance des pieuvres (Water Lilies)
"Lymelife"
"The New World,"
"V for Vendetta,"
"The Human Stain,"
"Down in the Valley,"
"The Good Girl,"
"Away We Go,"
"Mean Creek,"
"The Hurt Locker,"
"All the Real Girls,"
"The Lovely Bones,"
"Henry Poole is Here,"
"Things We Lost in the Fire,"
"Away From Her,"
"Junebug,"
"Adaptation,"
"Serenity,"
"Pretty Persuasion,"
"Garden State,"
"25th Hour,"
"Secretary,"
"The Jacket,"
"United States of Leland."
"Lost In Translation,"
"Big Fish,"
"Pure,"
"The Slaughter Rule,"
"House of Sand and Fog,"
"Stay,"
"300"
"Cherish,"
"The Upside of Anger,"
"Closer,"
"Domino,"
"Eulogy,"
"Fierce People,"
"Speak,"
"10th & Wolf"
"Lost and Delirious,"
"Blue Car,"
"The Royal Tenenbaums,"
"Saved!"
"Almost Famous,"
"Waitress,"
"No Country for Old Men,"
"Running with Scissors,"
"Jesus Camp,"
"An American Crime,"
"Lars and the Real Girl,"
"Silk,"
"Volver,"
"Atonement,"
"Gideon's Daughter,"
"The Sleeping Dictionary,"
"3:10 to Yuma,"
"Talk to Her,"
"Black Snake Moan,"
"Where the Truth Lies,"
"Dreamland,"
"The Secret (Si j'étais toi),"
"Changeling,"
"Sunshine Cleaning," "
In Bruges,"
"Adventureland,"
"The Fountain,"
"A Love Song for Bobby Long,"
"Pieces of April,"
"Love Actually,"
"The New World,"
"Life As a House”
”The Prestige."

16 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS LIST! Like, Oh my gosh-- how did I never know you liked all of these movies??

    Blue Car!! I adore Blue Car! Glad I didn't buy it for you for Christmas, haha.

    Dark Victory! The General! GIDGET!! Lucas! Badlands! Junebug! Life as a House!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I guess because even though you and I have talked about movies nonstop for like three years, I could talk about them forever and still have more to say;)

    Blue Car is amazing. I got so obsessed with it when I first got it. I made everyone I know watch it...twice.

    As a rule, anything with Amy Adams, Jena Malone, or Kerri Green...I've seen it and love it.

    Badlands was thanks to you.
    I really love Days of Heaven and The New World too.

    Oh...Gidget. When my dad went on business trips, my mom used to have me sleep in her room, but she slept with the TV on and I couldn't. I'd watch old movies all night. Gidget was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and a note on Life As a House... When we had Starz, it was on every day, so I watched it every day for an entire summer. It was the Life As a House channel.
    And I still know the voice over monologue at the end by heart.
    "If you were a house, Sam, this is where you'd want to be built...on rock, facing the sea, listening...listening." :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome!--Gosh, these lists really remind me how much I love movies, you know? :)

    I'd not seen Blue Car until just recently..the gal's the same one in The Woods, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I know what you mean...the number alone is a reminder, that and the knowledge of all those I left out when I narrowed it down.

    Yes, Agnes Bruckner.
    She's one of my heroes.

    Have you seen "Dreamland?"
    She and Kelli Garner are fantastic in it.
    I also liked her in "Murder by Numbers."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exactly! Like I was saying to another friend, I could so totally make another list right now. :)

    Yeah!--that's her! I'll have to look it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, I could too, but making the first one gave me a headache. Overload.
    Couldn't stop thinking of all the ones I should have named.

    Do.
    When I saw it, I hadn't liked a movie that much in awhile.
    You'd know Kelli Garner from Lars and the Real Girl too. She's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey that's more than 100, lol!

    you've sure seen a lot more current stuff than i have, more than half of your post 90's list is stuff i never even heerd of never mind seed before. you have a very good bunch of titles on your pre 90's list though, very good taste ;)

    i tried to make a list last night but 100 is way too few :( can i make it 500?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paul-- Haha, no way, Jose. Rules are rules. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nobody told me I could only pick 100 or if they did I wasn't paying attention;)

    Well, I like to fake self-love and tell people the reason my favorites are so current is because things didn't become important until I was born.

    Anyway, thanks for the compliment.
    From your comments I get the impression you usually dislike what I write, so it's nice to get some approval for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Who usually dislikes what you write, silly kid?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Friend-o! I love your writing-- whaddaya talking about??

    ReplyDelete
  13. His comments imply disapproval of my self-loathing, which anyone who knows me will tell you...I'm a Chandler. It's my humor and somehow, my charm.

    And as for you...I'm just saying, you're really nice to me and you don't have to be.
    That's all.

    And hey, are you on break or something?
    Isn't past your bedtime? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh you were referring to me?!?!?!? i actually like the way you write very much. just dont like when you put yourself down.

    now when you say you're a 'Chandler' do you mean Raymond Chandler or Chandler Bing from friends....surprisingly they're not really the same thing so i just wanna be clear!

    Juliette is nice to everyone, i think its her way ;)

    i am nice to everyone too, except people who piss me off!
    oh and people who put their dog out at 5am on a sunday morning.
    and people who try to touch my food, my money, my stuff or my women.
    you know what, i just realized i really am not nice to everyone!

    phhht another delusion gone...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, I thank you.

    Chandler Bing.

    Yeah, she probably is nice to everyone, justifying my suspicion;)

    You'll be glad to know my dogs are still sleeping at 5am and I have no intention of touching anyone else's food, money, or women...ever.

    ReplyDelete