Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"You're not really a writer unless people are readin' your shit."

"I'm an aspiring writer."

Another huge blizzard today.
I shoveled the driveway twice before my parents got home and it barely made a dent. It just kept coming. I almost hopped on the 4 wheeler to do it, but I'd never used the plow and it's been awhile since I'd driven the thing in general.
It finally stopped snowing.

So while I was locked away inside, I made flyers for this benefit my family's having for my uncle Gary and printed them out.
I printed up my screenplay too and got it all set for shipping to the Nantucket Film Festival.

Austin's submissions are due in June and I want to send in both the one I'm submitting to Nantucket and the new one I'm working on, so I gotta get crackin'.

I only have six fans and even my biggest fan hasn't read the last one or didn't like it, so she didn't want to review it, so I guess I'm not really a writer.
But no matter what happens, I can't seem to be discouraged from writing, which is both good and bad.
I'm glad I love something, but I'd like to know if I'm wasting my time.

I have to get through this new one, but the story challenges me at every turn...not because it's difficult to write or I don't know what to put on paper, but because it's stuff I'd have trouble talking about, even with close friends.
In any case, I want to get it out because I have another story idea eating at me.

I think much of the time I give the impression that no amount of encouragement could change my thinking, but somewhere along the line, something must have sunken in...now that everyone's given up on me.

2 comments:

  1. "I'm glad I love something, but I'd like to know if I'm wasting my time."

    doing something you love is never a waste of time.

    btw i'm very disappointed you didnt comment on my 100 films list :(
    and dont go and do it now, that would just be cuz i guilted you, and that's even worse!

    you'll make it up to me next time, i'm sure!

    you have my sympathies with the snow. we've barely gotten any up in VT this year. supposed to get some this week but even then they're calling for just a few inches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'd like to find something I love that doesn't also mean starving;)

    I'm sorry.
    I didn't know you posted it.
    I'm not a guilty sort of person, but I wouldn't want you thinking that was the only reason I looked...so I'll read it, but only with your permission.

    The quote's from a movie, man.
    If you knew me, you'd know, it's always from a movie.
    United States of Leland in this case.

    ReplyDelete