Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I raised a flag up into your heart.

You let the winds come tear it apart.

I went to an allergist on Monday because my brother just found out he has a lot of food allergies. Given that he never had any symptoms and I've had stomach problems since I was two, and Upper GIs, Lower GIs, stomach scopes, ultrasounds, etc, found nothing, my mom thought it was a good idea.

I don't get the results back for a month, but my new doctor is really concerned by how many different symptoms I have. He made me fill a prescription for epinephrine injections and I'm to carry them with me wherever I go.
I'm never to eat chocolate again because the reaction could be fatal.
He thinks Celiac disease is likely.

It's not that big a deal and even if I had to eat slop for the rest of my life I'd prefer it to feeling nauseous a few times a day, not to mention other more serious and disgusting symptoms.

I'm actually afraid that I won't be allergic to anything else and they'll never find out what's wrong with me.

I told the people in my immediate family what's going on and I only felt like telling one other person about it, but I sense some new apathy when it comes to me...and it really doesn't feel worth mentioning.

If my throat closes up and I die, I can only imagine a few people at my funeral anyway, most of them to support my family, not out of any affection for me.
I'm such a winner.
...Now with allergies;)

4 comments:

  1. bah, if those people cant see how cool you are then they can stay home!

    what's apathy? i suppose i could look it up but meh, i guess i just dont care one way or the other....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, if they can't see how cool I am, they can go out...I'm the one who always stays home.

    That's funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i meant stay home from your funeral, silly!

    whaddya mean funny? funny how? like i'm a clown?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I was being facetious. Perhaps I won't even have a funeral. "And her body was discovered three weeks later, eaten...by wild dogs."

    Yes, Joe, funny.

    ReplyDelete